2006-12-14

Le Patron - French grammar correction program

I receieved the new University of Alberta Faculty of Arts publication Work of Arts. At least this was the first edition that I receieved. One article that caught my attention was an article about a web-based grammar correction program for French called Le Patron. Reading the article quickly I noticed a familiar name, Professor of Applied Linguistics Terry Nadasdi. He was one of my former professors. I took a look at the site and typed a few sentences in French and sure enough it highlighted all the errors and offered suggestions. Le Patron is not a French language translation service or dictionary but a real tool for French language learners of all ages to help in recognizing common French language grammatical errors. Please see Le Patron and try it for yourself here:   LePatron.ca
 
Technorati Tags : , , ,